LOUISVILLE, Ky. --- ODAC competitors took part in the NCAA Division III Cross Country Championships on Saturday afternoon. A total of 16 runners from league schools took part in six-kilometer (women) and eight-kilometer (men) races at E.P. Tom Sawyer State Park in Louisville, Ky.
The University of Lynchburg accounted for 14 of those standouts with both its men's and women's teams in the field. The Hornets' men's program accumulated 460 points and finished 18th overall, six spots ahead of its #24 national ranking by the USTFCCCA ahead of championship weekend. It marks their best finish since placing 15th in 1993. The program's top-showing was a 13th-position finish in 1991. This was just the second time the Hornets women competed on the national stage, joining a 21st place showing in 1998. The 32nd-ranked Hornets chimed in 32nd in the team standings with 712 points.
In addition to Lynchburg's teams, a pair of individuals qualified for the championships. Shenandoah University senior Erin Atkinson was just the second runner all-time from SU to compete in the national championships. Washington and Lee University junior Carolyn Todd was the 17th individual to run at the NCAA Championships for the Generals.
Below are the results for all 16 ODAC competitors from the 2021 NCAA Division III Championships.
MEN'S RACE (8K)
- Max Sparks, LYN: 63rd - 24:36.2
- 9-seconds off his Lynchburg record time
- Frank Csorba, LYN: 99th - 24:50.3
- Sam Llaneza, LYN: 111th - 24:55.8
- Connor McCroy, LYN: 124th - 24:58.3
- Bryce Davis, LYN: 213th - 25:38.6
- Brennan Straits, LYN: 257th - 25:58.2
- Sam Graham, LYN: 278th - 26:29.9
WOMEN'S RACE (6K)
- Stephanie Burnett, LYN: 101st - 22:28.5
- Kelsey Lagunas, LYN: 135th - 22:39.8
- Carolyn Todd, W&L: 148th - 22:44.9
- Allison Dell, LYN: 188th - 23:01.3
- Sarah James, LYN: 249th - 23:34.4
- Kodi Payne, LYN: 260th - 23:43.1
- Jackie Wilson, LYN: 264th - 23:50.4
- Lauren Massey, LYN: 281st - 24:17.2
- Erin Atkinson, SU: 286th - 24:36.5