Chickering, a junior from Naples, Fla., collects her first ODAC weekly award of the season after helping the nationally 19th-ranked Maroons open ODAC play with a key road victory at Shenandoah University, which is receiving votes towards the latest IWLCA top-25 poll. Chickering made 12 saves in Roanoke's 14-12 victory, posting a 50.0 save percentage against 30 total shots including 24 on-cage. Five of her stops came in the second quarter when Roanoke out-scored SU, 5-1, to carry an 8-5 advantage into the intermission. Chickering came up with two saves on Hornet free-position shots, limiting SU to 2-for-5 on those attempts. She also added four ground balls to her effort. For the season, Chickering leads the OdAC in goals against average (7.41) and save percentage (51.9%). She has made 55 saves and been in front of RC's goal for all seven victories (7-1).
PORSHA DAVIS | AVERETT
Jr. | D | Riverdale, Ga.
- 1 caused turnover and 3 ground balls in an 18-17 win over Wooster (Ohio)
- 4 caused turnovers and 4 ground balls in a 16-11 win over Virginia Wesleyan
ZENNA CARSON | GUILFORD
Jr. | GK | Blacksburg, Va.
- 10 saves on a 52.6 save pct. in 60:00 in goal in a 14-9 win over Pfeiffer
- 10 saves on a 33.3 save pct. in 60:00 in goal in a 20-1 loss to Randolph-Macon
SHAUNICE RONE | VIRGINIA WESLEYAN
Sr. | M | Portsmouth, Va.
- 3 caused turnovers with 4 draw controls and 1 goal in a 14-13 win over Methodist
- 6 caused turnovers with 4 ground balls and 1 draw control in a 16-11 loss at Averett
SAM VAN BELLE | WASHINGTON AND LEE
Sr. | D | Lebanon, N.J.
- 3 caused turnovers with 2 ground balls in a 19-11 win at Mary Washington
- 2 caused turnovers with 4 ground balls in a 12-8 loss to #8 York (Pa.)