Schmidt, a senior from Catonsville, Md., helped nationally 16th-ranked Roanoke hold a trio of ODAC opponents to four or fewer goals in three league victories last week. Schmidt registered game-high three caused turnovers and picked up a pair of ground balls in a 17-4 triumph over Averett. She also scored her first goal of the season on a free position shot in a player-down situation in the second quarter. The next day, Schmidt picked up one ground ball and helped limit Guilford to just 10 total shots in a 22-3 win in Greensboro. On Saturday in the Maroons regular season finale, Schmidt posted a game-best five caused turnover and tied for contest-high honors with five ground balls in a 23-2 win over Bridgewater. She added her second goal of the season in the first quarter, a gain in a player-down scenario. For the season, Schmidt is second in the ODAC with 36 caused turnovers and 14th with 34 ground balls.
MEREDITH BORNHOLDT | LYNCHBURG
So. | D | Cincinnati, Ohio
- 3 caused turnovers and 2 ground balls with 2 draw controls in a 17-3 win over Ferrum
- 2 caused turnovers and 4 ground balls with 1 draw control in a 14-4 loss to #2 Washington and Lee
BRITTNEYANN HOOVER | VIRGINIA WESLEYAN
Jr. | GK | Manassas, Va.
- 5 saves on a 45.5 save pct. in 60:00 in goal in a 21-6 win at Randolph
- 4 saves on a 50.0 save pct. in 60:00 in goal in a 20-4 win over Guilford
CAROLINE KRANICH | WASHINGTON AND LEE
Jr. | GK | State College, Pa.
- 1 save on a 20.0 save pct. in 45:00 in goal in an 18-4 win over Randolph-Macon
- 7 saves on a 63.6 save pct. in 60:00 in goal in a 14-4 win at Lynchburg