Vick, a sophomore from Raleigh, N.C., picks up his second ODAC weekly award of the season following a top-10 finish at the well-attended Jekyll Island Collegiate hosted at the Pine Lakes and Oleander courses at the Jekyll Island Golf Club in Jekyll Island, Ga. He also competed at the Tiger Invitational hosted by Hampden-Sydney College during this reporting period. He finished tied for fifth in that event at 2-over 74 at Forest Creek Golf Club in Pinehurst, N.C. Guilford placed second by a stroke to nationally third-ranked Methodist University in the weather-shortened event at 13-over 300. At the Jekyll Island Collegiate, Vick finished in a tie for seventh place at 4-under par 212, 10 shots back of runaway winner Alex Price from Christopher Newport University. Vick, who posted 11 birdies and a tournament second-best two eagles over his three rounds of action, opened with a 1-over 73 on the par-72 layout set to 6,700 yards on the Pine Lakes Course. He improved by two shots in round two thank to four birdies against three bogeys. His final 18 holes was played at 4-under 68 powered by another four birdies with an eagle on the finishing 18th hole. Vick's efforts helped nationally fifth-ranked Guilford place fifth overall at 1-over 865 (291-283-291). Top-ranked Emory University won the event at 22-under 842. Vick is the owner of the ODAC's best average at 71.6 over 17 rounds of play. He is currently ranked #5 in Division III by Golfstat.com.
ANTTI VAHVASELKA | AVERETT
Jr. Helsinki, Finland
- tied for 5th at 2-over 74 at the Tiger Invitational
MAX BONDURANT | BRIDGEWATER
So. | Springfield, Va.
- tied for 81st at 11-over 83 at the Tiger Invitational
- tied for 47th at 6-over 222 (76-73-73) at the Jekyll Island Collegiate
BRANDON JONES | FERRUM
Fy. | Harrisburg, N.C.
- tied for 4th at 9-over 153 (74-79) at the Marlins Invitational
ALEX RUBINO | HAMPDEN-SYDNEY
Sr. | Charlotte, N.C.
- tied for 57th at 8-over 80 at the Tiger Invitational
- tied for 41st at 5-over 221 (70-76-75) at the Jekyll Island Collegiate
ANDREW WATSON | LYNCHBURG
Jr. | Fredericksburg, Va.
- tied for 83rd at 12-over 84 at the Tiger Invitational
- tied for 21st at 1-over 217 (73-71-73) at the Jekyll Island Collegiate
PALMER CUNY | ROANOKE
So. | Cranberry Township, Pa.
- tied for 47th at 6-over 222 (71-74-77) at the Jekyll Island Collegiate
DAN AILOR | SHENANDOAH
Fy. | Montpelier, Va.
- tied for 19th at 4-over 76 at the Tiger Invitational
- 4th at 3-over 147 (72-75) at the Shenandoah Spring Fling
JACOB SWIGGART | VIRGINIA WESLEYAN
Fy. | Nashville, Tenn.
- tied for 2nd at 7-over 151 (77-74) at the Marlins Invitational
PIERCE ROBINSON | WASHINGTON AND LEE
Sr. | Kings Mountain, N.C.
- tied for 34th at 6-over 78 at the Tiger Invitational
- tied for 25th at 2-over 218 (74-70-74) at the Jekyll Island Collegiate