Mercer, a sophomore from Bigfork, Montana, picks up her first ODAC weekly award of the season following a strong showing at the well-attended Jekyll Island Collegiate over the weekend. Mercer was the top ODAC finisher at the 54-hole event as she tied for 25th overall at 15-over 231 on the par 72 layout set to 5,600 yards at the Indian Mound Course at Jekyll Island Golf Club. She opened with a 4-over 76 and improved by one stroke in round two, having carded six total birdies over the first 36 holes. She posted an 8-over 80 over the final 18 holes to finish 13 shots back of medalist Sydney Kuo from Washington University in St. Louis. Washington and Lee, ranked eighth in Division III by Golfstat.com, placed ninth on the 24-team leaderboard at 71-over 935 (316-311-308). Nationally second-ranked University of Redlands won the event at 37-over 901. Mercer is third in the ODAC with a 76.8 scoring average over 12 rounds of competition this year. She is currently ranked 40th in country by Golfstat.
SHAINA BEACH / MADOLIN NEFF | BRIDGEWATER
Sr. | Broadway, Va. / Sr. | Winchester, Va.
- tied for 91st at 38-over 254 (85-87-82 / 78-87-89) at the Jekyll Island Collegiate
EMILY BRUBAKER | LYNCHBURG
Jr. | Raleigh, N.C.
- tied for 29th at 16-over 232 (79-78-75) at the Jekyll Island Collegiate
ELLI FLINCHUM | RANDOLPH-MACON
Fr. | Summerfield, N.C.
- tied for 88th at 37-over 253 (82-88-83) at the Jekyll Island Colleigate
AMANI NARANG | SWEET BRIAR
So. | Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India
- won the Marlins Invitational at 18-over 162 (82-80)
BROOKE VAILLANCOURT | SHENANDOAH
So. | Fredericksburg, Va.
- tied for 11th at 28-over 172 (84-88) at the Shenandoah Spring Fling