Mitchell, a senior from Owings Mills, Md., picked the right time to notch a career-high for points as he came up in the clutch twice to help nationally 13th-ranked Lynchburg post a 14-13 victory in overtime at #6 Washington and Lee, marking the program's first road win at W&L since 2015. Mitchell scored both the overtime forcing goal with 0:08 remaining on the clock in regulation and game-winning goal 1:15 into extra time to cap the Hornets first and only overtime possession. Both goals were assisted by Jake Rust. Mitchell finished with a career-best seven points overall on three goals and four assists with one ground ball. For the season, Mitchell has registered 30 points on 17 goals and 13 assists.
CONNOR TAFF | AVERETT
Jr. | A/M | Durham, N.C.
- 3 points on 3 gaols with 2 GB's in a 20-5 loss at Shenandoah
NICK THOMPSON | HAMPDEN-SYDNEY
Sr. | M | Midlothian, Va.
- 3 points on 2 goals and 1 assist with 2 GB's in a 14-6 loss at #2 Christopher Newport
AVERY TANKERSLEY | RANDOLPH-MACON
So. | M | Baltimore, Md.
- 5 points on 3 goals and 2 assists with 1 GB in a 16-8 win at Shenandoah
- 5 points on 2 goals and 3 assists with 1 GB in a 28-2 win at Randolph
NOAH GOAD | ROANOKE
Jr. | M | Hudson, Ohio
- 4 points on 4 goals with 1 GB in a 29-8 win over Virginia Wesleyan
HILLIS BURNS | WASHINGTON AND LEE
So. | A | Louisville, Ky.
- 3 points on 1 goal and 2 assists with 1 GB in a 16-11 loss to #2 Christopher Newport
- 3 points on 3 goals with 2 GB's in a 14-13 OT loss to #13 Lynchburg