Burns, a junior from Bristow, Va., reached base at least once in all six of the Maroons games last week with at least one RBI in five outings to help Roanoke post a 5-1 week that included road sweeps of Averett (10-0 in 6 inn., 7-0) and nationally ninth-ranked Randolph-Macon (4-3 in 8 inn., 8-0 in 5 inn.) and a split (9-1 in 6 inn., 1-6) at 10th-ranked Virginia Wesleyan. Burns went 8-for-17 overall with five doubles, a homer, 10 RBI, and four runs scored. She was 3-for-5 at Averett with a 2-run double and a sacrifice fly in game one and another sac fly in game two. At Randolph-Macon, Burns was 2-for-6 with a two-run blast in the seventh inning to force extras in game one and a two-run double for a 5-0 advantage in game two. Against the Marlins, Burns smacked three doubles in going 3-for-6. Both of her two-baggers drove in runs in game one, while she was left stranded after doubling in game two. For the season, Burns is slashing .322/.344/.576 with seven doubles, a triple, two homers, and 16 RBI.
TORRIE SHIFFLETT | BRIDGEWATER
Sr. | IF | Dayton, Va.
- 6-for-14 with 4 doubles, 3 RBI, 4 runs, a walk, and a steal in a 4-0 week that featured a road sweep (7-4, 9-4) of Eastern Mennonite and a home sweep (6-3, 4-1) over Averett
SAMANTHA HENSLEY | EASTERN MENNONITE
Jr. | IF | Elkton, Va.
- 11-for-21 with 3 doubles, a homer, 6 RBI, and 3 runs scored in a 2-4 week that featured a road sweep (5-2, 5-1) of Ferrum
GRACIE DOOLEY | LYNCHURG
Sr. | OF | Bedford, Va.
- 5-for-11 with a double, 7 RBI, 2 runs, and 3 walks in a 2-2 week that included a sweep (8-0, 12-4) over Eastern Mennonite
DELANEY NUCKOLS | RANDOLPH
Sr. | SS | Rockville, Va.
- 10-for-21 with 3 RBI, 4 runs scored, and 3 steals in a 2-4 week that included a sweep (4-0, 6-0) of Shenandoah
OLIVIA OWEN | RANDOLPH-MACON
Jr. | OF | Salisbury, Md.
- 6-for-17 with 2 doubles, a triple, 5 RBI, a run scored, 2 walks, and a stolen base in a 4-2 week that included a road sweep (5-4, 4-0) of Lynchburg and a home sweep (2-1, 5-4) of Randolph
LACI CAMPBELL | VIRGINIA WESLEYAN
Fy. | IF | Washington, N.C.
- 8-for-11 with a triple, 3 runs, 4 RBI, and 3 steals in a 3-1 week that included a sweep (11-3, 4-1) over Randolph and a split (1-9, 6-1) with Roanoke