Neaves, a senior from Reston, Va., picks up his first ODAC weekly award of the season after leading the nationally 12th-ranked Lynchburg to a trio of ODAC wins. Neaves slashed .615/.667/1.231 over the three outings and contributed to 21 of the Hornets 31 total runs scored. He opened with a 3-for-5 showing in an 11-8 victory over Virginia Wesleyan in a single mid-week conference game. He legged out a triple and drove in five runs while scoring twice and stealing a pair of bases. Neaves began a double-header road sweep of Washington and Lee with a 2-for-3 outing in a 6-4 triumph in game one. He walked once, drove in a pair and scored a run while again swiping two bases. In the latter part of the twinbill, Neaves drove in runs on four different at bats to post seven RBI in a 14-3 triumph. He posted a RBI single and plated a second with a fielder's choice. He capped this three-hit day with a pair of homers to left -- a two-run blast in the sixth and a three-run bomb in the seventh. The reigning ODAC Player of the Year and All-American has now left the yard 30 times in two-plus seasons with 161 RBI. This year, Neaves is slashing .382/.516/.632 with four homers and 27 RBI.
CHRIS BYRD | AVERETT
Fy. | 1B/OF | Prince George, Va.
- 3-for-9 with a double, 1 RBI, 1 run, and 2 walks in an 0-3 week vs. ODAC foes
BRETT THARP | BRIDGEWATER
Sr. | UT/Closer | Baker, W.Va.
- 7-for-18 with 2 doubles, 3 RBI, 3 runs, and 2 walks in a 2-2 week with a non-conference win over Hood (8-0) and an ODAC split (10-8, 5-9) at Virginia Wesleyan
- earned a save on the hill in game one at VWU, snapping the BC career record
NICK ARNOLD | EASTERN MENNONITE
Jr. | IF | Suffolk, Va.
- 5-for-13 with 1 homer, 7 RBI, 3 walks, and 2 steals in an 0-4 week
BENJAMIN THOMAS | FERRUM
Jr. | OF | Woodbridge, Va.
- 8-for-12 with 3 doubles, 6 RBI, 7 runs, and 3 walks in a 2-1 week that inclued an ODAC road sweep (16-5, 9-3) at Eastern Mennonite
ISAIAH HAIRSTON | GUILFORD
Sr. | 1B | High Point, N.C.
- 6-for-15 with 2 doubles, 2 homers, 9 RBI, and 5 runs in a 1-2 week that included an 11-7 ODAC win at Ferrum
MATT MYERS | RANDOLPH-MACON
Jr. | OF | Hampstead, Md.
- 6-for-8 with 3 doubles, 7 RBI, 7 runs, and 6 walks in a 3-0 week that included an ODAC road sweep (29-17, 11-3) at Guilford and an 8-1 win over Methodist
JONNY WALL | ROANOKE
Jr. | IF | Virginia Beach, Va.
- 6-for-15 with 1 double, 2 triples, 6 RBI, and 3 runs scored in a 4-0 week that included a non-conference win over Pfeiffer (12-4), an ODAC win (5-2) at Averett, and an ODAC sweep (3-0, 6-3) of Hampden-Sydney
FRANKIE RITTER | SHENANDOAH
Sr. | SS | Stephens City, Va.
- 6-for-10 with 1 RBI, 2 runs, 2 walks, and 2 steals in a 3-0 week that included a 4-1 ODAC win at Bridgewater and an ODAC road sweep (7-2, 6-2) at Averett
MATT SINKO | VIRGINIA WESLEYAN
Sr. | C | Middletown, Del.
- 7-for-13 with a double, homer, 4 RBI, 4 runs, 2 walks, and a steal in a 1-2 week that included an ODAC split (8-10, 9-5) against Bridgewater
NICK LAGGES | WASHINGTON AND LEE
Fy. | 3B | Chicago, Ill.
- 8-for-15 with 2 homers, 6 RBI, 3 runs, 2 walks, and a steal in a 1-4 week that included an ODAC win (12-2) over Eastern Mennonite