Jones, a first-year from Raleigh, N.C., put together a strong week in helping nationally seventh-ranked Lynchburg to a to a 3-1 week that included a 4-3 victory over #9 Randolph-Macon and an ODAC doubleheader split (3-2 in 10 inn., 4-6) at #3 Shenandoah. Jones went 9-for-15 overall with four walks to account for his .684 OBP. He legged out a pair of triples and homered on his way to four RBI and four runs scored with a pair of stolen bases. Against R-MC, Jones went 2-for-4 and came around to score the go-ahead run on Avery Neaves' single in the seventh inning. In a 7-6 win over William Peace in non-conference action, Jones went 2-for-3 with a pair of walks. He tripled twice, driving in the go-ahead run in the seventh with his first three-bagger and scoring the insurance run in the ninth inning on a wild pitch and tripling to right-center. At Shenandoah, Jones went a combined 5-for-8 with two walks, a homer, three RBI, two runs scored, and two steals. In game one, his infield single in the 10th inning allowed Neaves to score the eventual game-winning run. In game two, Jones reached all five times at the dish in going 3-for-3 with a pair of walks. He tried to trigger a rally in the ninth inning as his two-run blast brought Lynchburg to within two at 6-4, with that serving as the game's final score. For the season, Jones is slashing .320/.465/.640, with the latter number ranking seventh on the ODAC's slugging list. He has registered five doubles and five homers to go with 16 RBI and 24 runs scored.
CADEN GRIDER | AVERETT
So. | IF | Kannapolis, N.C.
- 5-for-8 with 3 doubles, a RBI, and 2 runs scored in a doubleheader (4-5, 2-13) at Hampden-Sydney
BRANDAN HARTMAN | BRIDGEWATER
Jr. | C | Lumberton, N.J.
- extended his school-record on-base streak to 35 games in going 4-for-13 with 3 doubles, 4 RBI, 2 run scored, and 2 walks in a 1-2 week that included a split (4-6, 14-2) at Guiford; now has 20 doubles this year, tying the BC single-season record
NATTY SOLOMON | EASTERN MENNONITE
Sr. | 1B/DH | Harrisonburg, Va.
- 5-for-12 with 3 RBI, a run scored, a walk, and a steal in a 1-2 week that included a 7-3 win at Bridgewater
ETHAN CURRIN | HAMPDEN-SYDNEY
Sr. | C | Toano, Va.
- 4-for-9 with 2 homers, 4 RBI, 3 runs scored, and a walk in a 3-0 week that included a win (10-1) at Virginia Wesleyan and a sweep (5-4, 13-2) of Averett
ETHAN IANNUZZI | RANDOLPH-MACON
Sr. | OF | Chesterfield, Va.
- 11-for-17 with a triple, 2 homers, 7 RBI, 7 runs scored, 4 walks, and 6 stolen bases in a 2-2 week that included a road sweep (13-5, 19-4) of Eastern Mennonite
JONNY WALL | ROANOKE
Jr. | IF | Virginia Beach, Va.
- 6-for-15 with a double, 2 homers, 7 RBI, 4 runs scored, and 2 walks in a 2-2 week that included a road sweep (11-9, 8-5) of Virginia Wesleyan
GAVIN HORNING | SHENANDOAH
Sr. | OF | Lancaster, Pa.
- 9-for-21 with 2 doubles, a triple, a homer, 8 RBI, 5 runs scored, and 2 stolen bases in a 3-1 week that featured wins over PSU-Harrisburg (10-0) and Washington and Lee (14-7) and a split (2-3 in 10 inn., 6-4) with #7 Lynchburg
CAMPBELL CHARNECO | WASHINGTON AND LEE
So. | C | Clifton, Va.
- 7-for-12 with a double, homer, 7 RBI, 5 runs scored, 2 walks, and a steal in a 1-2 week that included a split (3-4, 11-5) at Ferrum